Scientist Jobs in Laboratory for Advanced Research in Polymeric Materials(LARPM),Bhubaneswar
LARPM, an exclusive R&D Wing of CIPET in the field of Polymer / Material Science & Engineering, invites applications from young and dynamic researchers to work under various Sponsored Projects in the emerging areas of Composites, Nanocomposites, Adhesives, Fuel cells and Conductive polymers.
Meritorious candidates with innovative ideas and good research aptitude are strongly encouraged to apply to the below mentioned positions based on relevant experience.
Name of the Post- Pool Scientist
Ph.D followed by 02 years of Post-doctoral Research / Teaching experience in Chemistry/Polymer/Plastics Engg./Materials Science & Engineering with minimum 05 nos. of International publications
Emoluments / Month-
Rs.35,000/- + 20% HRA
Completed application in the prescribed format along with detailed CV and attested copies of all qualifying certificates should reach “The Professor & Chair, LARPM, CIPET, B-25, CNI Complex, Patia, Bhubaneswar-751024, Odisha” latest by 30.06.2014. Selected candidates shall work initially for a period of 02 years, which may be extended depending on the project requirements.
To download Application Form-LARPM Jobs
For Instruction of Application
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION
1) The upper age limit for Pool scientist is 40 years and Research associate is 35 years as on 30.06.2014.
2) The candidates should enclose attested copies of all Qualification Certificates and Mark Sheets along with the application form, failing which the application will not be considered.
3) Reprints of published research papers should be enclosed with the application. A paper accepted should be supported by an attested photocopy of the letter of acceptance from the Editor of the Journal.
4) Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear an interview. The list of shortlisted candidates with date and time of interview will be available at www.larpm.gov.in.
5) Candidates who have applied from abroad and have not returned to India by the date of the interview will be considered in-absentia.
6) Candidates will be required to produce all certificates/testimonials, community certificate, if applicable, in original along with 02 recent color passport size photographs during the time of interview.
7) Candidates working in Govt. / Autonomous bodies / Industries and other R&D laboratories should produce ‘Proof of Experience’ and/or ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview.
8) All shortlisted candidates shall be provided to and fro 2nd class sleeper fare upon submission of original tickets.
9) Eligible candidates may send the duly filled-in application form in the prescribed format by Speed Post / Registered Post only in the mentioned address with “Application for Pool Scientist / , whichever is applicable, superscribed on the envelope.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The total tenure for Pool Scientist and Research Associate (RA) is fixed for two years and may be extended to a maximum of one year depending on the project requirements. Continuation in the scheme from year to year, during the tenure, is based on the performance of the candidate.
- The basic pay fixed is final for the entire tenure of the Pool Scientist. No revision thereof is possible. Annual increments are not provided during the tenure. However, RA shall be considered for annual increments depending on performance.
- The nature of work of a Pool Scientist and Research Associate is primarily research in the areas of Composites, Nanocomposites, Adhesives, Fuel cells and Conductive polymers. In addition, he/she may be engaged in teaching as well as scientific work of the institute.
- Commercial exploitation of the results of the investigation concerning the Intellectual work and all rights would vest exclusively with CIPET. All matters concerning ownership of IP and its licensing/exploitation would be governed by the IP policy of CIPET.
- The Head of the Institution / Laboratory will be the controlling authority for administrative and routine matters concerning the Pool Scientist and Research Associate. He/she is not allowed any kind of private practice and shall give full time for the assigned responsibility. He/she shall not register for obtaining higher degree without the consent of the Head of the Institution.
- The tenure of a Pool Scientist / Research Associate will end when
o The incumbent resigns
o His/her services are terminated for indiscipline under conduct rules, or for unsatisfactory performance as evidenced by annual progress reports
o The sanctioned tenure comes to an end.
- Selection or working as a Pool Scientist and Research Associate does not imply any assurance or guarantee of subsequent absorption in CIPET or in any of its laboratories.
- Service is purely temporary and does not count other service benefits in CIPET.